For recipe collectors, this is a rare opporunity to test your mettle. In the past, we've explored the feasibility of purchasing the Winter Outfit from the opposite faction so your Tailor can make both colors of the awesome winter set. I did this run back in 2007 and wrote a couple of posts about my adventures. I highly encourage you to read Smells Like Green Spirit and The Mage Takes The Cheese for tips on how to do this. Lowbies can also do this, so don't be intimidated!
Here are a few fast tips for the impatient:
- Use the Wondervolt Machine in your home city to disguise yourself before you head out!
- Make sure you ride a faction-neutral mount within Horde zones
- Pick up some Invisibility Potions or Free Action Potions just in case
- Embark on your expedition during off-peak hours to minimize interference
- Choose a less populated city such as Exodar or Silvermoon
- If you die, corpse-rez on top of the vendor to avoid visual detection.
Good luck and make sure you come back and tell us about about it after you collect the prize!
UPDATE: Our friend Raxx has discovered that there is a Goblin vendor in Shattrath City who sells the Green Holiday outfit to both factions. This doesn't help Horde players, but Alliance can get their hands on the Horde recipe quite easily this way :)