The door is still open in terms of what Cataclysm tradeskills will look like. So there's no time like the present for us dedicated crafters to start campaigning! That's right folks -- it's poll time :) What can I say, I've got a whole other sister site to pimp, I may as well take advantage.
Here is my DREAM list for Cataclysm:
- Daily quests for ALL professions. That's right, First Aid too. It's fun to have dailies that don't involve carnage, an FA daily could be heal-oriented :)
- Superior and Epic craftables that are equivalent and sometimes better than instance drops. It would be nice if a few best-in-slot items were crafted so our wares don't become obsolete. Or perhaps add a mechanism by which we can upgrade an existing item to a higher level. Items like Runed/Crusader orbs could be used to upgrade a crafted piece instead of making a whole new item.
- Bring wands and weapon oils back to Enchanting
- Make sure each profession has a special vendor with access to at least some of the top recipes. It's annoying that raid drops almost always trump vendor wares. Since the daily token system provides needed gating, there's no reason to lock non-raiders out of all the best recipes.
- Scale down the cost of Engineered goodies so that they are more in line with other crafted epics. I've never even made a motorcycle, much less sold one. The guns aren't much better compared to the Titansteel armor mats.
- I miss the stone statues from early JC, I'd like to see new versions of those. My rogue has no heals :(
- Blacksmiths should get sharpening stones back, a belt buckle shouldn't be the only consumable they have. Or at least some other consumable, if not weapon enhancements.
- We're still waiting on the Fishing revamp... I'm just sayin'...
- Change all crafting mats so they can stack to 20. massive. bank. cram.
- Profession Titles!
Please take a minute to add your own thoughts for Cataclysm profession changes in the Comments section. I'll put together a poll with ALL of the ideas and then we'll vote!